Founded in January 2003, Building Blocks has given assistance to more than 800 individual children who, once in our system, are fondly referred to as BB4K kids. Some of our BB4K kids have needed help with multiple needs and may apply for assistance once per calendar year. As of January 2021, BB4K has provided more than $1.6 million in scholarships.
Building Blocks for Kids envisions a community where the needs of children with physical, emotional and developmental challenges are being met.
Our mission is to bridge the funding gap for products and services that help improve the quality of life for these children and their families.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Compassion - Showing people they are loved and cared for by their community.
- Commitment – Showing donors and our families that we are striving to help as many families as possible.
- Hope – Providing an ongoing hope for families who struggle to meet the needs of their child(ren) with special needs.
- Family – Easing the burden on families who must go above and beyond to provide for a child with special needs.
- Community – Creating a community for families who have children with special needs and who live within a 120-mile radius of the Greater Cincinnati area.
BB4K is improving the quality of life of children through the following programs:
Therapy for Kids ~ Allows for children to receive needed therapy.
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Speech Therapy
- Aqua Therapy
- Specialized Intensive Therapy
Building for Kids ~ Modifications to a child's home environment.
- Wheelchair ramps
- Expanded doorways
- Bathroom modifications
- Bedroom modifications
Hearing & Communication for Kids ~ Programs and devices that help a child interact with the world.
- Hearing aids
- FM hearing systems
- Communication devices
- TTY machines
Medical Equipment for Kids ~ Equipment/supplies needed to sustain or improve the quality of life for a child.
- Special beds
- Medical machines (Pulse oximeter, nebulizer, Tenz unit, etc.)
- Medical supplies (medication, special formula, etc.)
Mobility for Kids ~ Transportation assistance required for a child's medical needs to be met.
- Van lifts
- Wheelchair tie downs
Caring for Kids ~ Needs that improve the quality of life for children.
- Nursing care
- Adaptive stroller
- Adaptive clothing
- Displacement expenses
- Service/seizure/therapy dog
* This list provides examples and is not inclusive.