Apply for a Grant
If your case meets all of the criteria listed below, you must fully complete the Grant Application Packet. We cannot begin processing your grant request without all of the appropriate information and documentation listed on the Submittal Checklist.
Important note: Building Blocks for Kids can only provide support at this time for children/families in the Greater Cincinnati/Tri-State area!
You may obtain these forms by calling the Building Blocks for Kids office at 513.770.2900 or by downloading them below. Both forms are available for immediate download as PDF files. To view and print the PDF files below, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for download free of charge.
Please download & complete the Grant Application Packet and mail to:
Building Blocks for Kids
7577 Central Parke Blvd.
Mason, OH 45040
Grant Request Criteria
Applications are confidential and accepted continuously. Grant requests are evaluated and approved by the Building Blocks for Kids Grants Committee.
As a non-profit organization, Building Blocks for Kids requests that doctors, hospitals, and apparatus providers discount their services in order to assist the foundation in fulfilling their mission.
All grant requests must fall into one of the following categories:
- Expenses associated with surgery or a specific procedure or treatment such as organ transplants, craniofacial reconstruction, physical rehabilitation therapy, cochlear implants, etc.
- Expenses associated with apparatus which will improve the quality of life for a child such as: wheelchairs, van lifts, communication devices hearing aids, prosthetic limbs, etc.
- Expenses associated with the cost of displacement for a child and one family member who must relocate during a procedure/treatment. This requires that a doctor or medical specialist write a letter confirming that the procedure/treatment can not be done in the child's city of residence. (Acceptable expenses include transportation and lodging. It will not include a phone, television, etc.)
In order to be considered for funding the following criteria must be met:
- The child must be under the age of 18.
- The child is from the greater Cincinnati area.
- The cost of the surgery, procedure, treatment or apparatus is very significant and is not covered by either the parent's insurance or the parent's assets/income or by a combination thereof.
- The case must be in a proactive stage. Requests for debt reduction of expenses already incurred will not be considered.
Types of Requests That Are Outside Building Blocks for Kids Parameters
- Requests for research funding or other non-profit organizational grants.
- Requests for debt reduction.
What happens next?
Upon receipt of your application, the following steps will take place.
- Your request will be reviewed for completeness.
- A member of the Grants Committee may contact you for a short interview and/or to address any questions or concerns that you or the Building Blocks for Kids Committee may have.
- The request will then be presented to the Grants Committee for review. The committee meets monthly unless an emergency meeting is required.
- You will then be contacted and informed of the status of the request.